The Pubic Health Nutrition concentration at the CSU campus of the ColoradoSPH will not be accepting applications for the 2019-20 academic year. Please check back for updates regarding the acceptance of applications for the 2020-21 academic year.
Appropriate nutrition is recognized as one of the key pillars underlying human health and well-being. Given the global public health issues of obesity, diabetes and other chronic diseases, food safety, and malnutrition, well-trained public health nutrition professionals are needed both in the U.S. and abroad.
Solve complex health and nutrition issues through policy and programs.
Public health nutrition is a discipline focused on promoting health and lowering disease risk by improving nutritional status in populations. Examples of public health nutrition approaches include developing and implementing policy changes to help ensure availability of nutrient dense foods among under-served populations, raising nutritional awareness in specific groups via social marketing, and developing nutritional interventions via community based participatory research.
The 42 credit hour Master of Public Health program concentration in Public Health Nutrition at Colorado State University, prepares graduates to assume a career in a variety of public and private settings including but not limited to community health centers, community agencies, health departments, and NGOs.
Dietetic Internship Eligibility
Individuals interested in completing both the MPH degree while also meeting requirements for the dietetic internship and exam can find more information on our website about how they can complete the dietetic internship requirements.
To be completed PRIOR to beginning MPH program:
- Principles of Human Physiology with Lab (BMS 300/302) – 1 semester of Physiology or two semesters of Anatomy/Physiology
- 1 semester of General Chemistry with Lab (CHEM 107/108)
- 1 semester of Biology with Lab
- 1 semester of Organic Chemistry with Lab (CHEM 245/245)
- 1 semester of Biochemistry (BC 351)
- 1 semester of General Psychology – only required for those pursuing the dietetic internship
Can be completed DURING MPH program:
- 1 semester of 300-level Human Nutrition (FSHN 350)
- 1 semester of Microbiology with Lab (MIP 300) – only required for those pursuing the dietetic internship
- Hoffman Award recipients focus on addressing health disparities
- Cross-Campus Collaboration Tackles Foodborne Outbreak Challenge
- MPH Capstone Projects Highlighted in Spring Showcase
- ColoradoSPH@CSU Alums in Action: Making an Impact in School Wellness
- ColoradoSPH@CSU Graduate Lands Position as CDC Public Health Associate