A career in public health can be the connection that you desire to bridge your passion with a fulfilling profession. From across Colorado, the United States and around the world, public health professionals work to improve and protect the lives and health of the communities they serve.
ColoradoSPH at CSU students wishing to find practicum and capstone opportunities, network with professionals in public health fields or find employment have access to multiple resources:
To be successful after graduation, you’ll need strong proficiency in six core career competencies. Doing so will allow you to effectively navigate change throughout your career. All career services offerings are designed to reflect
these career competencies:
1. Articulate and apply academic course content in a professional setting
2. Gain relevant experience that enhances the student’s professional goals
3. Understand, develop, and articulate your personal brand
4. Develop a current set of professional documents
5. Engage in professional development through networking, professional organizations, and leadership
6. Successfully plan and execute a job search strategy that leads to employment
Find student and alumni career resources here
The CSU Career Center helps students formulate a career path, fine-tune their resumes, contact potential employers and think creatively about how to put their degrees to use.
- Drop in for quick career coaching or schedule an appointment for a longer session
- Refer to our online resource center, curated for your needs
- Attend our Connect events and fairs – employers who attend these events want to connect with graduate students
Participate in professional development opportunities like the Graduate Professional Development (GPD) Series and annual GradShow put on by the CSU Graduate School and that the Career Center participates in. Use travel grants offered by the CSU Gratuate School to attend national conferences.