Appropriate nutrition is recognized as one of the key pillars underlying human health and well-being. Given the global public health issues of obesity, diabetes and other chronic diseases, food safety, and malnutrition, well-trained public health nutrition professionals are needed both in the U.S. and abroad.
Solve complex health and nutrition issues through policy and programs.
Public health nutrition is a discipline focused on promoting health and lowering disease risk by improving nutritional status in populations. Examples of public health nutrition approaches include developing and implementing policy changes to help ensure availability of nutrient dense foods among under-served populations, raising nutritional awareness in specific groups via social marketing, and developing nutritional interventions via community based participatory research.
The 42 credit hour Master of Public Health program concentration in Public Health Nutrition at Colorado State University, prepares graduates to assume a career in a variety of public and private settings including but not limited to community health centers, community agencies, health departments, and NGOs.
Individuals interested in completing both the MPH degree while also meeting requirements for the dietetic internship and exam can find more information on our website about the MPH-Dietetic option.
Prerequisite courses for the program include:
· Principles of Human Physiology and Human Physiology Laboratory (BMS 300/302) – required for admission;
· General Chemistry and General Chemistry Laboratory (CHEM 107/108) – required for admission;
· Organic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry Laboratory (CHEM 245/246) – required for admission;
· *Microbiology (MIP 300)
· *Biochemistry (BC 351);
· and *Human Nutrition (FSHN 350).
**Prerequisites with an asterisk are able to be completed during the MPH program, but are not eligible for financial aid and do not count toward the MPH degree.
- Hoffman Award recipients focus on addressing health disparities
- Cross-Campus Collaboration Tackles Foodborne Outbreak Challenge
- MPH Capstone Projects Highlighted in Spring Showcase
- ColoradoSPH@CSU Alums in Action: Making an Impact in School Wellness
- ColoradoSPH@CSU Graduate Lands Position as CDC Public Health Associate