2023 CSU International Symposium
February 27 @ 8:00 am - March 1 @ 5:00 pm
The Office of International Programs is pleased to announce the 4th annual International Symposium will be held February 27 – March 1, 2023. All sessions and events will be in person in the Lory Student Center.
The International Symposium highlights the ways CSU students, faculty, staff, and partners add global dimensions to their teaching and learning, research, scholarship, and community engagement. CSU students, faculty, and staff are invited to submit proposals that cover a wide range of international topics, such as educational experiences, research, social and environmental issues, health, music and the arts, culture, language, and politics. Individuals are encouraged to submit a proposal that features their international work, studies, or interests during the International Symposium.
We invite proposals for either (1) a session or presentation that is 1 hour in length or (2) to participate in a multimedia showcase of international activities. Submissions will be reviewed and selected by a committee. We regret that we may not be able to accept all submissions.
Sessions – Information and Guidelines
- Sessions will be 1 hour in length and will be free and open to the public. We anticipate between 10 and 75 people will attend each session.
- Attendees will include undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Session formats and presentation styles can vary. Panels, roundtable discussions, use of technology, games, and other innovative formats that maximize audience engagement are encouraged. We welcome creative session titles as well!
- We especially encourage sessions that focus on current international trends, topics, and emerging areas of research or investigation.
Multimedia Showcase of International Activities – Information and Guidelines
- The Multimedia Showcase will be a chance for students, faculty, and staff to communicate their international work or studies through a variety of media.
- Formats can include video, photography, art, performance art, music, and other media.
- Stations will be set up in the LSC ballrooms during a 2-hour showcase open to the campus and community so that attendees can experience the exhibits as well as interact with the presenters.
All proposals should include a description of no more than 150 words or a video submission of no more than 3 minutes, as well as presenter bios of 100 words or less per presenter.
To submit a proposal, please fill out a short form here: https://forms.gle/AVj4q1HYahGydLdu8. Proposals are due by Monday, October 31, 2022.
For more information about the International Symposium or to receive feedback on your proposal, please contact Diana Galliano at email@example.com.